Natural Herbs For Depression And Anxiety
Natural Herbs for Depression
Feelings of Depression and Anxiety can happen to anyone at any time. Sometimes you can just wake up and for no particular reason feel slightly or even heavily depressed. It could be from dealing with a bad dream, or having challenging negative thoughts run wild through your mind. It can be from not feeling loved, or having no family or true friends.
There are many reasons why we can feel depressed at times, sometimes life’s circumstances can give us a reason to feel depression if we don’t seem to know how “feel ourselves” again. Natural Herbs for Depression and Anxiety can help you get back to being you, quickly and without any harmful side effects.
We know these feelings exist and you may have every right to feel that way temporarily. Just realize that there are answers to the question “How Can I Feel Happy Again?” You can take your feelings of depression and turn that same energy into something that will make your heart pitter patter once again. The first step is not to deny it, but to acknowledge it, take ownership of it, and realize that is just where I am at right now.
I’ve personally lost my mother to suicide when I was a teenager. My father also transitioned after years of heavy drinking and drug abuse. I also didn’t have any other living relatives that seemed to gave a darn about me. I grew up in many foster homes, boys homes (friends came and gone, just like that because of constant relocation, so I felt like I had no friends either.)
I got tired of some of the abuse of these foster homes so I moved out and on the streets, till that got too dangerous and unproductive for me. So I can definitely identify with some of the things you may be going through right now too.
I eventually joined the United States Marine Corps and got some structure to my life. It was a step in the right direction at that time in my life. I’ve since learned how to live life the way I want to and discovered things that work very well for me and have helped others move into happiness, no matter what is going on around them.
I’ve even personally helped a few people who were on the bridge of suicide, take power over their thoughts and they are the shining beautiful people I knew they really were. The same can be your story with a few changes of thought.
There are some things here that will definitely help you accept, then release those feelings and move into the happier state you were born to live. If you are having thoughts of suicide, then before you do anything else, please call the Suicide Prevention Line at: or reach them online at: Suicide Prevention.
Causes of Depression
The causes of depression can be due to many things. Here are a few of the most common ones:
- Death of a close family member or loved one
- Severe illness of a close family member or loved one
- Breakup or Termination of an important relationship
- Divorce (or relocation of a spouse or partner)
- Financial Hardships (job instability or termination, lawsuits)
- Living in the past (still hanging on to hurts from childhood or later)
- Chemical Addictions (prescription or recreational)
- Legal Issues (the loss of the feelings of freedom)
- Unsure of how or why you are feeling this way (common)
The causes can be known or unknown, but the symptoms are very real and you do need to let people you can trust know. Or if you are feeling like you have no one to trust at the moment, sometimes going to a nature spot like a beautiful park or walking along the ocean can really help you feel more grounded.
Sometimes you just need to see another point of view or reference to realize how good you actually have it. Listen to this short video with Lizzie Valasquez (who was inappropriately named “the most ugly girl in the world.”) I think she is actually very beautiful, from the inside out and I hope you find a little inspiration in her TED talk.
Natural Depression Remedies
Fortunately, there are some real good holistic and natural depression remedies that can give you your life back. I’ve discovered that there are toxins in our environment and foods and drinks that are causing the repetitive negative thoughts that lead to negative emotional states.
One of the very first steps is to “take out the trash” in your life. Here are a few things you will want to consider doing for yourself:
- Begin using fluoride free toothpaste (fluoride is a brain nerve system toxin – it is the same stuff in Prozac that blocks your recovery from depression!)
- If you have metal fillings in your mouth get them out – find a holistic dentist)
- Drink purified water (never tap, it has fluoride which leads to more depression feelings)
- Begin eating Non-GMO and organic foods (these foods have pesticides that not only jack up your nervous system, but poison your liver and organs)
- Start looking for natural herbal remedies instead of prescription or OTC medicines). You can find some here or at: Homeopathic Medicine
- Take a break from the TV/Gaming Console and get out in public places to meet new people or just people watch (just sitting in a Starbucks can be interesting sometimes)
- Join a gym or get some home exercise equipment (that really helped me not only look healthy and vibrant again, but even feel that way too!)
- Get yourself a good whole body detox and take an epsom salt bath (the sauna is good if you go to a gym)
You can first begin feeling better by taking some natural herbs that will support positive mental and emotional states. The more positive your outlook, the more you will feel encouraged to do the rest and look and feel your happiest again.
Natural Herbs for Depression
Fortunately for all of us God (as well as Science and Mother Nature) have given us some assistance on our path to finding joy in life again when we seem “stuck” by life and don’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. Begin by adding a few of these natural herbal remedies to your daily routine and you can at least help move your mental outlook to a much brighter one.
- Triple Calm (For Calming Relaxing Stress Relief)
- Seretin (Homeopathic Medicine for mood balance)
- SAMe – A Natural Mood Elevator (200mg, 2 twice a day)
- Kava Kava (Natural Herb for Relaxation, Calms an Overactive Mind)
- Passion flower Extract (Calming, De-Stressing Herb)
- St. John’s Wort (take as directed)
- Valerian Root (take as directed)
- Skullcap (best before rest or sleep)
- Lithium Oronate (Dr. John Gray “Women Are From Venus, Men Are From Mars” recommends this)
- Rescue Remedy (Bach flowers essences)
- Anxietin (Homeopathic Remedy for Anxiety Relief)
Holistic Depression Treatment
- Natural Sunlight – Get at least 20 min. of direct sunlight (except 10am-2pm)
- Full Spectrum Lighting (Provides natural mood enhancement as well as natural vitamin D)
- Fluoride Free Water – (Fluoride, although the active ingredient in Prozac and other prescription medications, actually leads to deeper depression and is a brain toxin)
- Exercise – At least 20 min. per day of any exercise, even walking (outdoors preferable)
- Watch Comedy and Listen to Uplifting Music
- Color Therapy (choose bright colors, particularly vibrant ones like yellow and green)
- Feeling Good (Best Book for Depression Relief – Helped Thousands Relieve Depression)
- EFT Tapping Therapy – Resets Your Mental State Instantly! You can Learn and Do this anywhere! (I use it to step into a performance “zone” when I am working out)
- The Sedona Method (A good way to change the inner patterns that have been bugging you since childhood. Powerful system that lets you shed old unproductive thoughts and memories)
- Depression Free Therapy -For Moderate to Severe Depression Relief (A system that helps you understand why you’re feeling depressed and how to move into happiness and get the load off of your shoulders)
- Homeopathy for Depression (Homeopathy works on the Emotional Body, the one that is most often the problem in people feeling depression or anxiety.)
I do not recommend the use of any prescription medications except in emergency situations as it is only a temporary band-aid that just covers up the source of the problem. What you really want to do is to move past those feelings and regain (or experience for the first time) the joy in life that is your birth right!
For more information on Depression Relief Visit: Am I Depressed?